SILENT CONFESSIONS By T Bishop Rated: S for Shippy Category: V/MSR/Post ep for Dead/Alive Summary: Did he or didn't he? Scully believes. Disclaimer: Just borrowing. Feedback: tbishop27@mindspring.com Author's Notes: Thanks to David, Tracy and Marybeth for beta, and to Grasshopper for keeping up the archive. You can find all my stories at The Literary G-Spot http://tbishop.freeservers.com/ or http://arcticfox42.phpwebhosting.com/Tbishop.htm SILENT CONFESSIONS I'm certain of it - his silent confession. I saw the words move over his beautiful lips, felt them stroke my heart with a gentle caress recognized instantly as my soul mate's touch. I love you. I did not need to hear to believe. His eyes lit with the truth of his declaration, echoing the joy I felt reverberating through every fiber of my being. I love you. The affirmation I thought I'd never receive; my hope having been laid to rest beneath an early snowfall - six feet under the frozen earth, dead as the decaying leaves that littered the ground around Mulder's grave. As his resurrection brought the rebirth of my resolve, the will to believe again, to fight the fight and carry on, his avowal of love revives my cold heart, the empty chambers flooding with warmth and pulsing to life once again. He doesn't have to search my crying eyes to see that I am no longer the skeptic. Three words, not even whispered; my wide smile belies all doubt. Yes, read my face, Mulder. The truth is there; it's pouring out of me with every teardrop, my own silent confession of weakness. I love you, too. So many tears I've shed, for Mulder, for me, for the baby growing in my womb. Each drop bled from my eyes drained my soul. For a time I thought the well had gone dry. I stopped crying, stopped feeling. I wasn't even sure if I was breathing anymore. Existence - without Mulder that was all I had left. Certainly the state I was in couldn't have been deemed living. Further proof that we share a bond beyond the physical plane. Now, as I rest my head upon his chest, feeling his lungs fill with vital air, listening to the blessed rhythmic beating of his heart, my tears are happy ones, nourishing like summer rain. I let them fall without reserve, welcoming their healing properties. It's time to live again, for both of us. And we are in love. ~END~ Life is too short to drink bad wine. Author's endnotes: How could I possibly leave this alone? I tried to keep it brief, knowing how much is going to be said on the subject. Thank you for being patient with my shippy muse. It's been dying to come out and play again. T Bishop Read THE POWER OF NOW by Eckhart Tolle!!!